Saturday, July 25, 2009

It's Mike's fault....


Yeah, I've been thinking about it, since I am nearing the end of my lease, but the real kick in the pants was when Mike took me car-looking as a diversionary tactic so you guys could decorate my house on my birthday. From then on I have been, well..."focused" on finding a replacement for my Matrix. (Others may use a different word.)

I had pretty much narrowed it down to a Jetta or a Honda CRV, even though we also checked out a Prius, but after a lot of research and some good and bad luck, I made the big plunge last evening, signing on the dotted line for a new Volkswagen Jetta TDI sedan. (It IS white like the one in the picture, but, alas, no cool green graphics... haha)

The TDI's are clean diesel cars which, according to an independent study by Popular Mechanics and testimony in a ton of other articles/websites, gets between 45 and 55 mpg, combined city and highway!!!

TDIs are in high demand, I guess partly because of the great gas mileage and partly because the clean diesel technology qualifies purchasers for a $1300 tax credit. So mine is coming from an undisclosed location and will be ready for pick up Tuesday after work.

So anyway, I am psyched! I can't wait to see what kind of gas mileage I get... and did I mention... the T in TDI stands for Turbo??? Grandma Sandy is going to be burnin' it up out there!!! hehehe

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Yay! That's so exciting! What a cool car!

Papaw said...

If anyone sees an excess of tire rubber while traveling thru Colerain Township let it be known that Sandy was trying out and tooling around in her new Turbo equiped Jetta.Be on the alert!!!Ha Ha Ha.

Todd said...

I must correct you Mom (since most of the time I can't) You cannot check your gas mileage in this car, but you can check your FUEL mileage. You do not use gas anymore! :-)

Linda said...

Good one, Todd!

Sandy said...

hahaha... thanks Todd! I'm going to have to get used to that!!

caveman said...

Nice, bet Todd could get you some cool graphics for the car.

You know BMW has a new deisel that gets up to 50mpg!

Sandy said...

Yeah, a new BMW is a bit out of my price range, bro. I'll leave that purchase to you.

Audi is coming out with a new diesel A3 this fall that I was considering but it was a bit too much for my budget. So, I will make due with my lowly little Jetta. Even that was pretty pricey once I loaded on the goodies!