Friday, December 26, 2008

YEA OR NAY?

I KNOW I HAVE MENTIONED HAVING ANOTHER FAMILY RE-UNION IN 2009, BUT AFTER SPENDING SOME TIME WITH GENE AND HIS FAMILY AT THEIR CHRISTMAS GATHERING, I CAME UP WITH THE IDEA THAT ALL OF OUR FAMILIES SHOULD BE TOGETHER AT THIS SPECIAL TIME OF YEAR, LIKE WE USED TO AT NANA AND PAPAW'S HOSE AT 2000 LEXINGTON AVE. GOODNESS KNOWS THOSE TIMES WILL NEVER BE DUPLICATED, BUT PERHAPS WE COULD MAKE SOME NEW MEMORIES BEFORE ANY MORE OF US US LEAVE ON THE HEAVEN EXPRESS. WE COULD RENT A SMALL HALL AND HAVE IT CATERED (OR NOT) AND SPEND SOME QUALITY TIME WITH FAMILY LIKE THE GOOD OLD DAYS. WE COULD HAVE A GIFT EXCHANGE (OR NOT) WITH A DOLLAR LIMIT...DO THE KARIOKE (?) (OR NOT) THING...EVEN PLAY CORNHOLE IF THE CEILING IS HIGH ENOUGH (OR NOT) AND JUST GENERALLY ENJOY EACH OTHERS COMPANY (OR NOT). SO WHADDA YA THINK PEOPLE....I NEED YOUR INPUT...IF YOU READ THIS I WANT YOU TO RESPOND WITH A YEA OR NAY.
WE ONLY HAVE A YEAR TO PLAN THIS THING IF IT IS DECIDED UPON TO HAVE IT....
SO DON'T DALLY...LETS DO IT......UNCA JERRY

9 comments:

Jeff said...

I agree it is a good idea. The family is getting bigger and we need a bigger place to do this. It would also be great to include all of the families as we did in the past. So I say yea (or not).

Sandy said...

Yay from me too!

Linda said...

Yes, yes, yes!

Actually, we had toyed with the idea of renting a hall/lodge this year until Amanda decided to host at her house.

Unca J., there is a hall right over by you on Lake Isabella. It has a full kitchen and plenty room. I say we go for it!

JackieDunnScott said...

My family would be interested...

Anonymous said...

HEY JACKIE...GLAD YOU HOPPED IN HERE. WHEN YOU SAY "OUR FAMILY", ARE YOU SPEAKING OF YOU AND DEAN AND YOUR KIDS, OR THAT PLUS YOUR SIBLINGS AND THEIR KIDS? WE WOULD CERTAINLY WANT EVERYBODY POSSIBLE TO BE PRESENT.

JackieDunnScott said...

I meant me, my siblings,mom and our families, if available on the chosen date....

Anonymous said...

GOOD DEAL JACKIE....I GUESS WE SHOULD GET OUR HEADS TOGETHER A PICK A DATE. I THINK ASUNDAY EARLY AFTERNOON WOULD BE GOOD SO IT WOULDN'T INTERFERE WITH ANYONES WORK OBLIGATIONS...INPUT PLEASE..

Amanda said...

I say YAY! I'd love to meet my extended family...

JackieDunnScott said...

I think a Sunday afternoon sounds great! I agree with Linda in having it in early December as everyone gets so busy and then attendance would probably not be as great.