Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The POWER of mothe nature!

We still don't have any power....It's now Tuesday at 9a.m......This is Logan posing in front of the tree that fell in my next door nieghbors yard.














You can see how close the tree came to hitting my car!















This is a utility pole that I saw when I was out working....as you can see, it's snapped in half!










My job is to provide temporary, portable air conditioning.....we brought two very large air conditioners...(the white things on the trailers) to a retirement village in Monroe, Ohio because the had no power (we power the A/C units with generators) When we arrived their power had come back on, so the A/C units are just sitting in thier parking lot as a precaution....If the power goes out again, I will have to go back up there and hook them up. It will cost them about $13,000 to have these units for 1 week whether they use them or not!!!



8 comments:

Sandy said...

Yay!!! Our power is finally on!! Hopefully your's will be on soon too!

We also had two trees that the wind broke in two in our yard. Fortunately one is in the woods so we don't have to do anything with that one, but the other one will need some (probably expensive) intervention. At least our house and cars were unscathed.

JackieDunnScott said...

Glad everyone is safe. I never lost power but the rest of my family did. Although, I just had my cable and my internet come back on this am. Donna had a large tree fall on her house which did about $10,000.00 in damage. Luckily it hit on the garage side of the house... Since I had power I was able to offer showers, food and a place to hang out for my family.

Amanda said...

My mom and dad still don't have any power! Last night mom had to shower at Lana's apartment just so she could go to the Reds game! Cincinnati Public Schools have been off all week, which Lana isn't too thrilled about - this might mean her Christmas break is shortened...

Todd said...

Wednesday at 3:30....still no power!

Brittany said...

We still don't have any power at my house as well - luckily, school, work, and my boyfriend does so I've been able to get online here and there. I'm HOPING we have power on by the weekend .. but our street is a MESS!!!!

Anonymous said...

I GUESS WE WERE PRETTY LUCKY. THE WIND HOWLED FOR ABOUT 10 HOURS AND LEFT A LOT OF DEBRIS AND A FEW LIMBS FROM OUR TREES, BUT NOTHING SERIOUS. OUR POWER WENT OFF AT HALFTIME OF THE BENGALS GAME (JUST AS WELL, IT KEPT ME FROM SAYING A FEW CHOICE NAUGHTY WORDS) AND CAME BACK ON AT 1:30 A.M. SO ALL IN ALL WE WERE BLESSED...UNCA JERRY

Todd said...

Thursday......still no power!

Sandy said...

Brad and Kim are still without power too. I was fortunate to have the gang over at my house for showers, e-mail checks and battery charging last evening. Given their densely wooded location, I betcha they will be one of the last to have power restored.