Without a doubt, I am ready to start planning a fabulous getaway for my next vacation from work ...and I'd love your help in deciding the absolute best place to go!
Mike and I have been to a number of nice locations and I will be sharing some of those with you as well. Please post pictures and descriptions on the blog of places you recommend, including the reasons that you loved your visit to that location. I'm sure we will all have a lot to share!
My first vacation recommendation is the Conch Republic (aka Key West)! You may imagine that it is a BEAUTIFUL place but did you know that it is also a wonderful art community with galleries galore! Not only that, do you know of anywhere but Key West that celebrates sundown EVERY EVENING with a huge party (No that is not Mike walking the tightrope, but I'm sure he would have done it if they would have let him)?
Other great Key West activites are sailing, shopping, dining (Did you know Key West shrimp are pink?) and counting all the six-toed cats at Ernest Hemingway's home.
If that doesn't appeal to you and you aren't interested in catching one of the many roosters that run free throughout the town, how about this?
3 comments:
I sure could use a vacation right about now! Before I fot pregnant, Matt and I took a summer and a fall vacation every year! One of our favorite trips was to Ogunquit, Maine. It's a cozy little town with tons of character...
WHEN OUR BAND PLAYED FOR "TRAVEL A GO GO" YEARS AGO, WE PLAYED FOR SCRIPT AND NOT MONEY AND COULD USE IT TO TAKE TRIPS WITH THEM. WE WENT TO SEVERAL PLACES INCLUDING KEY WEST (WITH GLORIA), BUT MY FAVORITE WAS COZUMEL, A SMALL ISLAND OFF THE YUCATAN PENINSULA.
WE ARRIVED AT NIGHT AND COULD NOT SEE THE FULL BEAUTY OF THE OCEAN UNTIL THE NEXT MORNING. IT WAS FANTASTIC...I'LL NEVER FORGET IT..
SO MANY COLORS OF BLUE AND GREEN, ABSOLUTELY BREATHTAKING. WE STAYED AT THE EL-PRESIDENTE HOTEL WHILE IT WAS STILL BEING BUILT..PHENOMENAL SPREAD ON THE CONTINENTAL BREAKFAST..SO MANY FRESH FRUITS AND SWEETBREADS.
THE ISLAND ITSELF IS ONLY 6 MILES WIDE AND 9 MILES LONG, A COMBINATION AT THAT TIME OF NEW
BUILDING PROJECTS AND THE NATURAL
BEAUTY OF A GOD MADE ISLAND. I'M SURE IT HAS CHANGED A LOT BY NOW,
BUT I HAVE ALWAYS WANTED TO RETURN
TO THE FRIENDLY PEOPLE AND GREAT FOOD AND ESPECIALLY THE SCENERY.
I'M SURE THE SCHARFE'S WOULD LOVE IT.......UNCA JERRY
I'm sure Nikki will agree with me on this. We said that if we were to go on a vacation right now .. anywhere .. it would be to Wilmington, NC! It is absolutely gorgeous and the beach is only 20 minutes away. It's one of those places where a car gets in the way. You want to walk EVERYWHERE because it is just so picture-esque. You don't want to miss anything! We were only there for a weekend but we would have stayed MUCH longer if we had the opportunity.
Post a Comment