Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Year's Resolution

Hello Dunn Family!

Here's an early installment of one of my New Year's resolutions - More thoughtfulness via weekly/monthly poetry:

"Oh, two thousand and nine,

You were pretty fine.

You filled me with upsides and woes…

Two thousand and ten,

Will you be my friend?

I’ll buckle in and see how it goes!"

I also thought I'd show everyone my prized Elvis christmas tree/ display! (Uhh-huhh...) And, share a cheesy Elvis joke: Knock, knock. Who's there? Wurlitzer. Wurlitzer who? Wurlitzer one for the money, two for the show, three to get ready now go cat go and don't you step on my blue suede shoes... :)

Peace and love.

Nikki Sue


3 comments:

Linda said...

Pretty good, Nik! Keep 'em coming!

Papaw said...

I didn't know you were such a big Elvis fan.I like a lot of his songs especially his gospel renditions of some of my old favorites.In case you didn't know Nana was a big fan of his.She probably would have started a fan club if she knew how.Good for you Niki.

Sandy said...

Hey that was good, Nik!! Thanks for the post!

Evan and I used to do knock knock jokes based on songs at bedtime when he was little. They were all pretty corny but, hey, we had fun.

Hey that's a great idea to get people posting! I'm sure everyone knows at least one knock, knock joke!! hehe