Friday, August 21, 2009

Christmas

Do we know the date that we are planning to celebrate Christmas this year? My work is already planning the schedule through 12/19 and I would like to attend if possible (I know I have to work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day this year :( . I have to turn my schedule in by Sept. 1st. I will keep myself off 12/19 just in case. If anyone has an earlier date to suggest please let me know and I will schedule myself accordingly.

thanks,
Kristi

4 comments:

Linda said...

I'm thinking that the 19th would be the probable choice for the Gene Dunn Family Christmas (we typically have it the Saturday before Christmas). I was hoping the Extended Dunn Christmas would be earlier in the month.

So, is it okay if we just reserve the 19th for the Gene Dunn Family Christmas and choose another date for the big shindig?

We have the 5th, 6th, 12th, 13th or 20th to choose from. Christmas Eve is on a Thursday, but not everyone gets off for Christmas Eve (like Kristi). I think Saturdays are easier for Jeff and his family.

My choice for the Extended Dunn Christmas would be the 5th. It would be great to start off the Christmas season with a get-together of that magnitude! Also, the closer we get to the actual date of Christmas, the more difficult it may be to get a facility. Keeping the date early might give us an edge. Or we can really think outside the box and have it on Saturday, the 26th.

Other suggestions? Let's hear from you!

Sandy said...

I vote for the 19th for the Gene Dunn family and the 5th for the extended Dunn family.

And I nope Matt and Amanda are well settled into their new house by then! (hint, hint) :-)

Amanda said...

Those dates would work for the Hoods! I will volunteer my services as well for whatever is needed. As long as we've got a house (God wlling) I'll throw my name in the hat to host the Gene Dunn Family Christmas again on the 19th.
As for the extended family gathering, didn't Unca Jerry find a spot last year? Is that not still available? Another suggestion - getting a huge table at CCU's Christmas Dinner Theater. This usually happens the first weekend in December (Wed-Sat). Not sure what prices are now, but it might be the same as renting a space and buying food! I can get more details if this is even the slightest possibilty.

Anonymous said...

SEE MY COMMENTS ON THE ORIGINAL BLOG.....