Sunday, July 19, 2009

Papaw is moanin'!

I'll admit it... it's my fault... but Unca J has to share the blame!!!

Meemaw and Papaw came over for a down home southern dinner today! The menu???

Fried Lake Erie Walleye (courtesy of Unca J)
Fried Cod
Cheesy Garlic Grits
Sliced Tomatoes
Indiana melon
Mixed Veggies

and for dessert? Sweet Potato Pie! (again... courtesy of Unca J!)

And believe me.... Papaw isn't the only who is one moanin' and groanin' around here!!

Thanks Unca J!!! The fish was delish! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELL IT MAKES ME HAPPY THAT YOU
ALL ENJOYED THE GREAT SOUNDING MEAL. MY ONLY REGRET IS THAT I DIDN'T HAVE ENOUGH FISH TO DOLE OUT SO YOUR WHOLE FAMILY COULD HAVE ENJOYED THEM. IT IS WITHOUT A DOUBT, THE BEST TASTING FISH THAT I HAVE EVER EATEN....DID YOU FRY THEM, GRILL THEM OR BAKE THEM?
ALSO , THE SWEET POTATO PIE WAS A GIFT FROM A NEIGHBOR (she gave me two)SO I CAN'T VOUCH FOR ITS TASTE.....GLAD YOU ENJOYED THE GOODIES.

Papaw said...

Yeah J.D. I'm just now starting to recover from that down home cooking (Sing song of the south,sweet potatoe pie and shut my mouth)(A Alabama hit some time ago)The walleye was simply great as San my gormet chef prepared it in her new deep-fryer,nicely browned on the out side,sweet and tasty on the inside.About half way thru the meal I had Sandy pinch me,for a minute there I thought I had died and gone to heaven!! thanks J.D. I owe you one.