Wednesday, July 29, 2009

I made the Dean's List...?

Dear Walter,

Congratulations on making the Dean’s List for Spring 2009. I hope you are as proud of your accomplishment as we are to have you as a CIT student. Keep up the good work.

Eugenia Fernandez

Associate Professor of CIT

Chair, Computer, Information & Leadership Technology, IUPUI


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I received this email early this afternoon. I was in shock because my GPA is only a 3.1. How did I make the Dean's list...? Then I read more closely and realized it for for the SPRING 2009 semester.

This past Spring 2009 semester I managed a 4.0 GPA. I didn't realize I'd be put on the Dean's list. I investigated and I saw my name on the list on IUPUI's website. I thought that was pretty cool. If you follow the link below you'll find mine name listed 7th on the first column (it's alphabetical).

Pretty cool, I'd say...

5 comments:

Walter said...

Whoops I forgot the link...

Here it is:

http://www.engr.iupui.edu/cilt/news.shtml?menu=news

Sandy said...

WOW!! Wally that is awesome!! You should be very proud of yourself. That is a great accomplishment! Congrats!!

Linda said...

Amazing! Keep up the great work! Yes, indeed, it is very cool!

Papaw said...

I don't understand why everyone is so surprised,I knew you had the right stuff all along.We are very proud of you. wow what an accomplishment.Congrats!!!!

Amanda said...

Great job! I know how hard it can be to keep up with your studies while in college...it take A LOT of hard work and dedication...very proud of you!