Sunday, May 17, 2009

A Short Walk Through Vina and Valparaiso

Hello again. I guess I'm hogging the blogging.
We decided it was best to hold off on our walk through Vina Del Mar so I put together a trip from Vina to Valparaiso plus some partying at the end. Don't know what I'll blog next. Maybe I'll give you guys a break before I use up all of our data space.

Walking down from the apartment
A cool house along the way

The floral clock at the entrance to Vina Del Mar
We headed around the corner and grabbed a bus to make the trip to Valparaiso. I didn't take any pictures on the ride. You need to hold on.

Comprando (shopping in Valparaiso)

The Fruit Market

Notice the sign on the tomatoes. 2 kilos for 700 pesos = 4.4lbs for $1.25. 2.2lbs of avocado for $1.80. 6.6lbs of grapes for 89 cents. Just to check a few. The fruits and vegetables are the best around and as you can see very cheap.

The Collectivo station

We get a collectivo when we want to go up the hill. It would probably kill us to walk it so its well worth the 80 cent each.

Leaving the Collectivo station

Half way there


Almost to the top.

The Party!

Primos (cousins) (Left to right Jefi, Wally and our godson Albarito)

3 of 4 Tios (Left to Right Walter, Belinda, Wally, Jorge and Alex)

Dancing Sisters ( left to right Belinda, Yenny and Evelyn)

Dancing with a raton (Rat, Tio Jorge)

And Venom (Tio Walter) from Spiderman showed up.

later,
Jeff, Belinda and Wally

4 comments:

Sandy said...

This is SO cool! Please don't stop posting the pictures. There is plenty of space!!

I am SO wishing we were able to come with you guys. Maybe next time!!! (If it's after my project at work is completo!)

Todd said...

It looks like so much fun!

Amanda said...

I agree, Uncle Jeff! We love seeing all the photos! What an amazing trip! Keep 'em coming!

Papaw said...

I think I'll have to say "and a good time was had by all"right?