
I have been at this since January! 72 people applied to be able to take the civil service test for the Plant Maintenance position for the Metropolitan Sewer District. MSD is part of the City of Cincinnati. Out of those 72 people, only 36 were accepted to take the test. Fortunately I was one of the lucky ones! I finished 17th out of the 36, even though I recieved an 88% on the test. I figured at that point that I had no chance... Then to my surprise, I was called for an interview. It made me nervous because it was me being interviewed by 5 guys! I was their first interview. I felt ok about the interview, but I was extatic when they called me 3 weeks later to offer me the job. Of course I accepted and I start June first. Since I now work for the city and in a union the pay and benefits are great! I had to follow in Papaws footsteps by getting a government job! Needless to say, I am proud of myself for standing out against 71 other applicants! The job will be dirty and nasty, but in the long run it will be well worth it...

5 comments:
Good for you! Congrats! I wish you loads of success and happiness...starting somewhere fresh can be extremely life changing!!!
Way to go Todd. Sounds really secure. That's hard to find these days.
Congrats cuz!! :-)
Todd,...I know how much you wanted that job,and I'm really happy and proud of you for going after it the way you did,We will always need good fresh water so it seems to me that the job will be pretty darn secure.Go get'em Tiger!!!
That's wonderful news, Todd! Congratulations!
Post a Comment