Wednesday, May 27, 2009

If only...


Has anyone else seen the True Hollywood Story: Tragedies of Winning the Lottery (or something like that)? I know we all think millions of dollars will clear up our problems, but after watching that...you'd think twice! So here's the question:
WHAT WOULD YOU DO WITH $350 MILLION?
(and don't worry about taxes...this is just a "what if?")
Matt and I discussed the endless possibilities and this is some of what we came up with...although there were several crazy things I can't even remember now!
Give 25% to church/charity
Set up a trust fund for Maddox
Buy a house in Indian Hill
Buy a Dodge Viper for Matt
Own a vineyard and open a winery
Give each extended family member $1 million
P.S. Back in 1997 a guy in Kentucky won $350 million. He went bankrupt 2 years later. True story.

5 comments:

Papaw said...

I read about that somewhere.I think even if I'm not wrapped too tight I could have managed things a little bit better.

Brittany said...

That would be so amazing! And I appreciate your generosity! lol

In any event, if I won that kind of money, I would definitely give some to charity, put some in savings .. and buy a house, a new car .. just enough to live modestly. I wouldn't want all the fancy-shmancy stuff .. I would however, want to travel the world.

Anonymous said...

I THINK I WOULD LIKE TO BUILD A NEIGHBORHOOD OF HOUSES IN A HUGE CIRCLE, HAVE A 10 ACRE FISHING LAKE
STOCKED TO THE HILT, A BIG CLUBHOUSE FOR PARTIES, A SMALL BREWERY INSIDE FOR THOSE WHO LIKE A COLD ONE EVERY NOW AND THEN, HAVE A FLEET OF CLASSIC CARS. A RESTAURANT SO WE COULD EAT OUT EVERY DAY AND NIGHT...GIVE EACH MARRIED MEMBER OF THE DUNN CLAN A HOUSE...AND CALL IT "DUNN ESTATES"
ALL THE UNMARRIED KIDS AT AGE 18 WOULD MOVE INTO AN ONSITE DORM...
DUNN DONE

Sandy said...

Okay, I've been thinking about this and I think I would invest in a family business of some sort. Perhaps a high tech recording studio or a record label. Not that I'd make a lot of money, but I know three guys in my immediate family that would be on Cloud Nine!

And for me???? I'd build a garage in the back so that Todd could totally restore my baby bug from the ground up! :-)

Amanda said...

Good answers everyone! Very interesting!!!