Sunday, March 29, 2009

Ready...Set...Go!

This morning, I participated in my first official mini-marathon race! At 9 am, I joined 1,712 other runners in the 32nd Annual Mini-Heart Marathon. There are several different events that participants can choose from; I ran the 5k (the equivalent of 3.1 miles).  All proceeds went to the American Heart Association.   The American Heart Association is the largest voluntary health organization working to prevent, treat, and defeat heart disease, stroke, and other cardiovascular diseases.


Out of 1, 713 runners, I finished 555th. Out of those runners, there were 856 females and I was the 172nd female to cross the finish line! With this being my first race, I'm pretty happy with the results. In about a month, I'll be running a 4-person relay in Cincinnati's Flying Pig Marathon (the combined distance is 26 miles...my leg will be about 6) So, if nothing else, the Mini-Heart was a good warm-up for the Pig :-) 



5 comments:

Amanda said...

I have to say...that's pretty amazing, Sistee! I'm very proud of you.

Anonymous said...

NICE GOIN LANA...I WISH I COULD RUN AGAIN. I'M LUCKY I CAN STILL WALK....GO OUT AND CONQUER THE WORLD KIDDO....

Papaw said...

Way to go Swifty......You and your sisters never cease to amaze me your mom and dad must be very proud,I know i am......By the way Jerry if they ever sponser a fifty yard dash,lets sign up ,you run 25 and I'l run 25.

Sandy said...

Awesome, Lon!

Great cause and great accomplishment for you!

I hope the weather is better for the pig. I know you will rock it too!

caveman said...

Way to go Lana!!!
Aunt Kim