Ok, so I'm a bloggin........Off the top of my head not a whole lot is really going on. After the episode with "B" last month I guess I can say that everyone is in good health. The cold weather is about on my last nerve, oil prices continue to fall as gas prices increase, Duke energy thinks it's OK to pass on the costs of repairing lines that they own and are responsible for to their customers, and the music business is drying up do to the economy......hmmmmm.
On the bright side, pitchers and catchers have reported, the "Beamer" is running (and looking) great, and I am still gainfully employed. From a political standpoint since Obama has made office, all of my debt has magically disappeared, trucks loaded with free stuff come to my door once a week, and I saw a donkey and an elephant making out at the zoo last week. So I guess things are looking up!!
Seriuosly we are doing well, just getting through another winter and looking forward to our next Disney trip in April. This time it's kind of business related. Tyler and his HS Band are marching at the Magic Kingdom in a Disney parade and of course the rest of us have to witness and video tape it for posterity.
At work I am involved in selecting a vendor for a $4.5 million dollar refit of the Recycling Plant. This will involve the removal of nearly all of our processing equipment and replacing it with the latest technology. This project is way overdue and I have been working on the Rumpke family for the past couple of years get it done. Looks like they are coming to the table with the capital this time around.
As far as playing out, gigs are getting harder to find. Two of the places I have been playing at have gotten rid of live music all together and the others have downsized to duo's. Hopefully as the weather breaks so will gigging opportunities.
Oh well I guess that's it for now, I gotta go eat some chicken wings........
OK so now Big Brother you're it..........lets hear what's going on with you.
3 comments:
What a cool experience for Tyler! I went to Disney my junior year for our high school choir competition...mom went as a chaperone...it was such a great memory! It's nice to have something like that to look forward to!
Okay Jeff you are the only big brother he has so you are up to bat...Brad it seems you had a lot to share with us.Speaking of disney world I can guess where your tax refund is going.It's good to see you helping out with the stimulas(?) endeavor....By the way do you know where I can buy some Disney stock??
Yeah, Mike has also complained that the economy is shrinking the number of places to play, at least for bass players (and drummers). Thankfully he has been able to stay busy, cuz he doesn't have a day gig to fall back on.
Hopefully things will turn around soon, people will be so happy they will want to go out to celebrate and the music will make a comeback! (fingers crossed)
Post a Comment