In an attempt to deal with the failing economy, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. let go of 350,000 employees 2 weeks ago. Of the 5 brands that encompass the company (Williams-Sonoma Cusine, Williams-Sonoma Home, Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, West Elm), I have worked for 3 of them during my 8 years in retail. After having Maddox last April, I decided not to return to Williams-Sonoma Home, instead choosing the life of a stay-at home mom. My decision to do so was reinforced by the fact that every postion I ever held with the company has now been eliminated! Had I gone back, I would be jobless now! Praise the Lord that I had Maddox when I did, and got out of there while it was still my choice to make!(Here I am in San Francisco at the WSI headquarters...over 2 years ago!)
2 comments:
Amanda .....I wouldn't trade Maddox for all the holdings that WSInc.owns.You made the right choice ,and I'm sure all the the aunts ..uncles...cousins..and a certain grammy and grandpa will agree. Your leaving is certainly WSInc's loss!!!
I think you have the perfect job, Amanda! Who needs retail when you have your own little consumer to tend to!!
I'm sure you will never regret being a stay at home mom!
Post a Comment