Friday, February 20, 2009

Adam News

Well they discharged Adam on Thursday. The only information that we have is that they believe the mass by his heart is a cyst and that they just want to keep an eye on it. They are hoping that his thyroid medication will gradually make the cyst get smaller. They have made him a follow up appointment at the end of March to get another catscan, etc. I wish we had more information about the mass (especially considering the day that they admitted him it seemed like they were about to rush him away to surgery) but we are happy that he is home.

They also sent him home on oxygen just to make it easier for him to breathe. They will be making an appointment sometime soon for a sleep study so that they can decide if he needs the CPAP at home. He will also be followed up by a pulmonary doctor, an endocrinologist, and a regular physician. So he will be busy with doctors apps. in the future.

I talked to him yesterday and he said that he is feeling pretty good. As his medication works and he loses weight he should begin to feel even better. I will update you as I get more information.

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Adam must be so happy to be home! And I'm sure you're glad he's out of the hospital, too! It's so good to hear that his condition should be improving!! Thanks for keeping us updated!!

Sandy said...

I'm glad Adam is home and hope it is all uphill from here.

Thanks for the update!!

Papaw said...

Thanks Lord ,our prayers have been answered.Our prayers will continue thru-out this whole deal.We love you!!

Amanda said...

So glad to hear Adam's back home! We will continue to keep him in our prayers.