Saturday, December 13, 2008

Shop until we drop!

That's the motto Sandy and I used yesterday. We both took a much-needed vacation day to work on our Christmas shopping list. We started early with breakfast at First Watch in Tri-County, then headed to the mall to tackle our list. We bought.....well, I guess I shouldn't divulge that right now, should I! I'd ruin someone's surprise! Anyway, we bought some stuff and closed out the morning with lunch at the food court.

Amanda and Maddox met up with us at Sam's Club early afternoon where we knocked out a bunch more shopping for ?????? (maybe YOU).

Luckily Sandy's schedule cleared up -- she thought she might need to pick up Zae from school --but with a little help from her boys, we were able to continue our shopping well into the evening.

With Bob at REDSfest with Nikki and Mike at a gig, we decided to have dinner as well. We stopped at Blue Agavi (I'm not sure of the spelling). We sat down to chips & salsa and a delicious, very green, frozen margarita followed by a yummy dinner. The meal was a great way to conclude our day.

We got the most out of our day off, that's for sure! 

Eat, shop, eat, shop, eat, drive home, collapse! What a great day!

 

2 comments:

Sandy said...

My legs are still aching but we had a VERY productive (and fun) day!

Linda and I started our shopping tradition a long time ago and are faithful to it each year. We used to start early (like September) and make sure to shop once a month until Christmas came. Lately our busy schedules have limited our outtings but I will say, we have been consistent at getting together a minimum of twice each Christmas shopping season.

I really enjoy shopping with my sis every year. I look forward to it and plan on continuing this tradition for a very long time!!!

Papaw said...

No one can say that my daughters aren't trying to ease the economic crisis .,you go girls.