Friday, October 3, 2008

You oughta know...

This past Wednesday I attended the Alanis Morissette concert with 3 girlfriends! It was held at Taft Theatre, which I'd NEVER been to. The venue was absolutely beautiful and the perfect intimate setting for our girls night out. Alanis sang for a solid 2 hours, blending new songs from her latest album with old hits like Ironic, Head Over Feet, You Learn, and Hand in My Pocket from Jagged Little Pill (which was THE album to listen to in 1996 - my freshmen year in college). She's an excellent vocalist to hear live...with such amazing musicality and range! I had a really great time!




3 comments:

Jeff said...

Very cool! Always dig a good concert. I have her first CD. Believe it or not.

kevin said...

I'm jealous! I haven't been to any shows in a while. I love the Taft, we went to see Over The Rhine there last Christmas.

Sandy said...

I agree. The Taft is definitely a great venue. Perfect for someone like Alanis! My favorite Taft concert was Yes.