Sunday, October 19, 2008
Listen up guys
As the eldest remaining offspring of Papaw and Nana era I would like to pass on a lesson in Civics 101......Papaw and his brother uncle D.L. served in the Army Cavalry in WW1,Bobs dad Bill (Marines) and Mikes dad Woody (Army) served in WW2 along with Uncle Ray(airforce),Aunt Ginny (Wac's) and cousin Steve(Army) Along with me (marines) and cousin Jeff (Navy), and lets not forget Uncle Don (Army) In the Korean era are our family heroes .They served to maintain the freedoms and privleges that most of us enjoy today.If you consider that that aformentiond family members served an average of three years that totals THIRTY YEARS .Now if they gave 30 years ,dont you think we all can spend 30 MINUTES in a voting booth pushing a button or pulling on a lever?I don't care care if your voting for the donkey or the elephant but I do urge you to honor the sacrifice of our family andtake advantage of the freedom that has been affored you to vote.....So I have only three more words to say....VOTE VOTE VOTE>
4 comments:
AMEN TO THAT BROTHER...MY SON DARRYL WAS ALSO IN THE ARMY AND IS A VETERAN...MY GRANDSON JOSH IS CURRENTLY SERVING IN THE U.S. AIR FORCE AT SHEA AFB IN SOUTH CAROLINA. IT IS A PRIVILEGE TO VOTE AND ESPECIALLY IN THE THESE TIMES WE ARE FACING TODAY. WHEN YOU VOTE, VOTE YOUR CHOICE AS GENO SAID, BUT GIVE IT SOME REAL THOUGHT AND VOTE FOR WHAT IS BEST FOR ALL AMERICANS AND THE FUTURE.
....UNCA JERRY
I second (or should I say third) that!! Rock the vote!!!
J.D.Sorry to have omitted Daryll and Josh.Did I forget any one else?
NO...BUT SPELLED DARRYL'S NAME WRONG....HA HA HA UNCA JERRY
Post a Comment