As of 1:41 PM Thursday, we still have no power. Lana, Nikki and I cleaned up a bunch of fallen branches Tuesday, burning them in our outside firepit. But unfortuately a silly neighbor called the fire department on me and my next door neighbor (who was also burning twigs & leaves)! A huge Union Township firetruck came roaring down the street and stopped right in front of our house. Two really cute firefighters came to the back yard just to check it out. They said that I was okay with my burn, but my neighbor was burning green leaves that were causing a lot of smoke and sending glowing ash in the air, so he was going to have to stop. Oh, well, at least there would have been electricity if I had to go to jail! HA-HA!
In spite of no electricity, we're holding up well. We're a whole lot better off than the folks in Texas. Say an extra prayer for those who have suffered loss of property and loved ones.
6 comments:
No power at my house still either! :(
Man I really feel sorry for you guys. I hope you get some power soon.
Same here, Todd. We will be lucky to have ours by the weekend. No trucks have been out our way and we have power lines in the street!!!
Linda, I can't believe you were almost a criminal!!! But then, so are most of the Bengals and they do okay in the financial department!
I got power Friday morning around 5a.m.!!! :)
You didn't tell me the firemen were cute, mom! I guess that made it all worth it, huh?
Post a Comment