This poem is about trying to hold on to memories that you cherish the most, but its not always possible.
Erased
There are memories fighting
Conquering and losing their home
Who will lives in my crowded mind?
The feelings, the smells, and sounds
Stumble over one another
Pushing through the halls of love
Sometimes I can’t find my way
Falling through this tunnel
Love is a constant struggle
Until the pain recedes
After all is said and done
If it was up to me
I’d throw every thought out the door
Just to give you room to breath
And if you need more room
You can live in my heart forever
I would erase every memory in my mind
Just so yours has room to grow
I would empty every drop of blood in my heart
Just so you would know
That you mean so much to me
I love you and I’ll always miss you
3 comments:
NICE JOB KENNY...
Beautiful, Kenny. I will add this poem to Meemaw's memory box.
Thanks for sharing this again, Kenny.
Post a Comment