Monday, October 12, 2009

What's A Figure Competition?


For those of you who read Amanda's invite and thought, "what the heck is a figure competition?" here are some answers for you...

According to the the NPC guidelines (National Physique Committee) "When judging a figure competition the judges assess the athleticism of the physique. This is not a bodybuilding contest. A DEGREE OF MUSCULARITY WITH SEPARATION IS DESIRED, BUT NOT EXCESSIVE MUSCLE MASS OR VISIBLE STRIATIONS. The muscle tone should appear firm but not excessively lean."


Contestants will do a series of 1/4 turns so that the judges can see the physique from all angles. Judges will be assessing the overall physique for degree of athleticism, proportion and skin tone. The judges will be scoring the degree of athleticism by assessing the degree of firmness, symmetry, proportion and the overall physical appearance including complexion, poise and overall presentation.

Phew! That's a lot. Like Amanda said, I've been training and dieting since March of this year. While I HAVE made major progress, I'm not necessarily aiming to go out there and beat every girl on stage (as some of them have been doing this for years!) Instead, I'm going into the competition with the mindset that I'm only competing against myself. I'm striving to be the best possible version of LANA. (Of course it would be nice to place in at least middle of the pack, lol).

Feel free to message/email me if you have any questions..I think Amanda covered everything! (Thanks, Manda :-)



3 comments:

Linda said...

WOW! I'm impress! It looks like all your hard work paid off!

Papaw said...

After looking for 81 years I think I'm a pretty good judge of female anatomy (yeah i'm old but not blind) I hereby cast my vote for Lana Powers as Numero Uno in this competition.I'm really proud of you,your determination and grit for sticking to this regimen and succeding in accomplishing your goals.Love ya sweetie......Papaw

Sandy said...

You look AWESOME! No matter what the outcome of the competition is, you are a testament to determination and hard work! Congratulations!!