Thursday, September 17, 2009

It's almost MOVING DAY!!!


As you are aware, Papaw is moving to Northgate on Saturday, September 26th. Between now and then, there is a lot of stuff to get done and we need your help!
Please comment to this post to identify what you will help with:
  1. Pack boxes (Florence)
  2. Disassemble tables, beds, etc. (Florence)
  3. Load the truck (Florence)
  4. Sweep and light cleaning (Florence)
  5. Unload the truck (Northgate)
  6. Unpack boxes (Northgate)
  7. Assemble tables, beds, etc. (Northgate)
  8. Help Papaw get organized in his new digs (Northgate)
  9. Anything else you can think of that I did not list

Todd will be driving the moving truck.

5 comments:

Linda said...

Gosh, I hope Todd is getting a bigger vehicle than what's pictured! lol

Linda said...

I will be packing boxes at the Heights today while Dad and Sandy are taking care of business with the condo sale, the Meadows nursing home and Paul Young.

If the need exists, I will come over after work each day next week to complete boxing up the stuff.

I'm planning to shop sometime this week for bedding for Dad's new bedroom furniture so he can just plop and rest if he wants to on moving day (or maybe that'll be me testing out the sleeping arrangement!).

Tomorrow, Saturday the 19th, Sandy and I will be at the condo waiting for the washer & dryer, bedroom furniture and new sofa to be delivered (how exciting!). Sandy and I plan to set up the kitchen tomorrow as well.

If you have a small toolbox, please pack it in your car on moving day. Dad's tool selection is limited.

If you would like to buy Dad a housewarming present, please check with Sandy or I and we can direct you as to what is needed for the condo.

Thanking you in advance for all your help,
Linny

Sandy said...

Read Linda's comment. She has pretty much covered it for this weekend for me.

On moving day, I am available to pack and unpack, load and unload and, generally, just do whatever needs to be done. I am devoting my day to the move.

Amanda said...

I can help on the cleaning end of things...just need to figure out when so I can make sure Maddox is taken care of. Matt and I are available the entire day next Saturday and are working out details for Grandma and Grandpa Hood to watch the X-man so we don't have to worry about nap time and all that jazz!

LanaP0wers said...

I can do any moving of boxes to/from on Sat..I'm sure Bill will help, too :)