Sunday, June 7, 2009

Who wants to see me rap?

This past Friday I sang at a Teacher Appreciation Banquet at Mt. Carmel Christian Church. We honored the volunteers by incorporating different lyrics to "Lady Marmalade". I'm on the far left wearing a teal shirt (just in case it's too hard for you to see my curly red hair). Be prepared - I rap in the middle of the song...seriously...

Hey Babies, Let's put on our Huggies

Hey babies, oh babies, where should you go babies? Hey babies, oh babies, where should you go babies?

I volunteer down in Preschooler Land, Keeping your kids while you meet. I say "Come in, punkin'. You gotta safety pin?" oh

Goochie goochie, goo goo, ga ga. Coochie coochie, goo goo ga. Dontcha choka on that crackah. Volunteers in Preschooler Land. Forty-seven babies today, no way! Forty-seven babies today!

I sat in my chair while they passed them on in. Rockin' one baby to sweet sleep. As they came in they just kept cryin'.

Goochie goochie, goo goo, ga ga. Coochie coochie, goo goo ga. Dontcha choka on that crackah. Volunteers in Preschooler Land. Forty-seven babies today, no way! Forty-seven babies today!

They come in with 3 babies in their arms at least. Tag 'em on the date, hand 'em over the gate. We're tough volunteers, don't mistake us for staff. I'm sayin' "Let's watch kids, and have a few laughs." Disagree? Well, that's you, and I'm sorry. I'ma keep lovin' these kids without a worry. Wear a blouse that's plain to hide the burp stains. In Preschooler Land just try to keep sane.

Hey babies, oh babies, where should you go babies? We serve bottles warmed up in the crock pot. Babies keep drinkin'. That's what I'm thinkin'. Goochie goochie, ga ga. Coochie coochie ga ga. Volunteers at Preschooler Land.

Preschooler Land. Preschooler Land. Preschooler Land.

Touch of those wipes, they feel silky smooth. Hey! Turns colors you don't wanna say. All right! Powder that behind, the smell could make you go blind. Mom, Mom, MOM! Then she comes back after Pastor's talk. She's wearin' a grey flannel dress. I hand her back the kid, and after all I did, he cries, "Mom, Mom, MOM!"

Goochie goochie, goo goo, ga ga. Coochie coochie, goo goo ga. Dontcha choka on that crackah. Volunteers in Preschooler Land. Forty-seven babies today, no way! Forty-seven babies today. All my sisters yeah. Forty-seven babies today, no way! Forty-seven babies today.

Volunteers at Preschooler Land! Yes-a!

4 comments:

JackieDunnScott said...

That was great! How clever and really good vocals....

Papaw said...

Way to go Big Red .Maybe you guys should go on tour.That vocal training at CBC has really paid off.Keep singing sweetheart,you make us proud!!!!

Sandy said...

That was awesome, Amanda!!! You've still got it!!

You definitely need to keep singing (and rapping)!!

sarah said...

Oh my gosh! You sound great, but I'm cracking up. Did you guys write the lyrics? They're awesome!