Hey Guys! Today I had an appointment with my plastic surgeon, Dr. Billmire who has done most of my surgeries since I was born. Today we talked about my upcoming surgery, which most of you know is my jaw surgery. He said that the surgery will be done inside my mouth so I will have no scarring on my face. He also said that they will have to move my upper, lower and chin forward 8mm. I will have to have a blood Fussion as well but with my own blood. In a few weeks I have to go to Hoxworth and give blood so that they can use it during my surgery. I will also have to have a bone graphed, they will take a piece of bone from my right hip to fill in the gap in my jaw. Dr. Billmire hopes that this will open up my airway more and get rid of my sleep apnea. Of course there are many risks to this surgery and others. One risk is that it may not solve the sleep apnea so we may need to do another surgery. He also said that my face will look different after the surgery hopefully not negatively. Its better for a teen to have this surgery because after the surgery and the patiets face changes, they adjust to it because teens are going through change already. Adults on the other hand freak out. The surgery may also screw up my speech so hopefully it doesnt! My surgery is scheduled for July 20th, 2009. My hospital stay will probably be about a week. If you want you could even come visit me while Im in the hospital:) Well gotta go!
Peace:)
Bethany
Just a random picture of me:)
4 comments:
AUNT GLORIA AND I WILL HAVE YOU IN OUR PRAYERS....
Hey Bee-
Thanks for the update. You KNOW Dr. Billmire is the best,right? And, of course, the nurses at Children's are Magnet status!! So if you have to have this done, I think you're in the best place to have it.
You and your caregivers will also be in my prayers.
I've been praying for success ever since I heard of you're impending surgery.Have faith in the outcome,faith in you're doctors and nurses'and mostly in the Good Lord who loves you more than imaginable.We will see you during you're recooperation. As you always say ....Peace!!!!!
Cute dress! I'll be prayin' for ya!
Post a Comment