Thursday, June 18, 2009

Hannah Montana's in Tybee!!

As luck would have it, Disney is shooting the next Hannah Montana movie in Tybee Island concurrently with our vacation. (Actually shooting started on Monday and will continue at different locations on the island through mid=August.)

Part of the beach has been fenced off and a fake carnival set up for filming and the pier has also been taken over by the film crew, which is kind of interesting but a bit of a bummer because there are huge trucks and tons of equipment all over the place. The film crew has been nice but not extremely informative and Miley has been no where in sight (aside from the white stretch limo we saw cruising down the main street the other evening that we ASSUME was hers).

Anyway the movie will be called "The Last Song" and also stars Greg Kinnear. It will be out next summer. I would post some pix but the wifi at this place is kind of hit or miss. More later...

4 comments:

BumbleBEE said...

OMJ!!!!! I so totally wish I was there!!! I would LOVE to Meet/See Miley Cyrus and all Of the Hannah Montana cast!! Im a HUGE fan!!! Miley Cyrus is one of my role Models:)

Papaw said...

Sorry the movie business is putting a kink in your vacation plans.I,m sure you're not getting the true picture of Tybee.However I'm sure that with gastronomical delights of seafood and Mikes new found love of grits(southern style)that the trip will be fondly remembered.Have fun and pass the grits please.

Sandy said...

I wish you were here Bee. We were talking to a waitress at the Marlin Monroe restaurant(yes, Marlin) last evening and she said Miley's been popping up everywhere. She even stopped by one of the beachfront bars and sang with the band the other night . Evidently she'll be here all summer; maybe you can talk your dad into spending a week of your recuperation in Tybee!

Sandy said...

Correction... the movie is not a Hannah Montana movie, although it does star Miley Cyrus. It is the film adaptation of Nicholas Sparks' novel "The Last Song". In addition to Greg Kinnear, Kelly Preston is also in the movie.