Thursday, May 7, 2009
Mother
Mothers day in the United States is typically celebrated with a bouquet of flowers and eating out.But in other countries,the tradition is much different.If your famillar with your moms famillar heritage,perhaps you can incorporate a few of these customs from her ancestral home into this years annual celebration honoring mom............Australia...Moms receive gifts of perfumeand tea.Cildren wear colored carnations if their nMUMS are still living and white if shes passed on..............Mexico....On May 10,the public plans special masses and celebrations for MADRES.Children are expected to be home on the eve of Mothers Day to share a special meal and sing her a song the next morning.............FRANCE ..Family members prepare a dinner to honer their MERES and traditionally make a cake in the shape of a flower bouquet.They celebrate on the last Sunday of May............Finland.......The father leaves the AITI to sleep in ,while taking the children for a walk .The family gathes spring flowers for a bouquet they deliver while serning her breakfast in bed ...........Britain...Early celebrations date back to the 1600s.On Mothering Day ,The British Shower their MUMs with flower bouquets.A special almond cake called "Simnel"cake is served as dessert after family gatherings.........Whether you call her Mom ,Majka or Mater she deserves at least one day of the year in Her honor......... Don't we all agree?????
4 comments:
I totally agree! Let the celebrations begin!
By the way, are you and Meems coming over on Sunday or have you decided to go to Indy?
Interesting post, Paps. I'm ready for a day of being pampered!
And remember, I'm third in line, if you don't go to Indy or Eastgate on Sunday.
I THINK THIS SUNDAY I WILL GO VISIT MY MOM...AND MY DAD...AND
MY BROTHER DON. ALL MOMS ARE SPECIAL. I THINK THEY DESERVE MORE THAN ONE DAY. HOW ABOUT A MOTHERS MONTH?
Unca J, you won't get any argument from me! Sounds like a great idea!
Post a Comment