Tuesday, April 7, 2009

DID JA KNOW ????????

....That mamouth cave in Kentucky is only surpassed by Niagra Falls in popularity for vacationers..................That more coal is mined in Pike county Kentucky than any other state in America.................That the shoreline of Cumberland Lake is longer in mileage than the state of Florida, ................That the headquarters of Jif peanut butter company is in Lexington Ky.(God Bless Lexington)...............That Thomas Edison first displayed his invention of the light bulb in Louisville Ky..................And for you hot rod car drivers that the popular Corvette is only made in Bowling Green Ky...............Which reminds me of the guy that bought one and decided to go to Bowling Green and drive it straight from the factory.He was buzzing along on US 75 and wasn't paying much attention to the speedometer til he noticed the blue light flashing in his back window.His first thought was I should see if I can out run him,but on second thought he decided to pull over and face the music.As the Patrol Officer approached him he noticed the the poor guy looked tired and distraught.The offiicer said "I'm tired and my shift ends in about fifteen minutes,so tell me the best reason I've ever heard and if its good I'le let you go " The driver thought for a moment and replied,"well my wife ran off with a Hwy. Patrolman about two years ago and I was afraid you were the guy and was trying to bring her back".No ticket was issued.

No comments: