Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Baby Update #2

I got a baby update from Eddie a few minutes ago. He said that Kristi was dosed with Cervidil (a prostaglandin ointment used to soften the cervix) at about 3pm this afternoon. So far she has just been hanging out letting the Cervidil do its job... nothing much happening except getting her ready for the work ahead.

At 3am (12 hours after the Cervidil was applied) they are planning to begin the actual induction, I assume by starting a pitocin drip.

Looks like baby Samantha is going to have her own birthday instead of sharing one with Grandma.

More later...

3 comments:

Linda said...

It looks like Kristi has a long night ahead of her.

Let's hope by the time we're all getting up Wednesday morning baby Samantha has already arrived.

Good Night from the Powers house...

Linda said...

Good Morning!

Okay, I'm up and ready to start my day.

Has baby Samantha arrived? Can't wait to find out!

Sandy said...

NO news yet! If they started her at 3am, it's only been 3 1/2 hours.

If I don't hear anything by noon I'll check in with Eddie again and post an update.

Stay tuned!