Okay, so I'm finally ready to post. Surprisingly enough, I've been busy... Work, School, New Weight Gain diet, and etc...
Oh and thanks for the embarrassing photo Aunt Sandy... My girlfriend saw it and had a real good laugh. How embarrassing...
So what's new? I recently got a new job as a Web and Database Design Professional at Arnova based here right on IUPUI's campus. Arnova is a non-profit organization funded through IU. Their current website is www.arnova.org if you want to check it out. Basically what they want from me is to revamp/redesign their website and their database so that both will run much smoother. From what I've seen, there is a lot of work to be done, but I'm willing to take on the challenge and learn new things in my career as a young IT professional. I'm actually very excited about this opportunity and what a great learning experience this will be for me to further my understanding of working with databases and websites. And there is nothing better than putting further experience on my resume that could advance me in my future once I graduate in 2011. And it does help that it's a non-profit organization. That does look good on a resume. I've just started, but I hope to stay with Arnova until I graduate. I've already told them of my intentions for the summer, which is that I will be returning to Rolls-Royce as an IT Intern, and they have talked of allowing me to stay on board through Rolls-Royce if things go well. So yeah, I'm excited about this business venture.
Alright, now for school... If you all don't know already, I'm in my 6th semester at IUPUI as a CIT (Computer Information Technology) major. Last semester I didn't do so hot, so I'm really cracking down on my studies this semester. In order to return to Rolls-Royce I must meet GPA requirements. I'm not really worried about it, but I don't want to take any chances so I'm spending more time on my school work. So far I've been doing great... I know I can keep it up with the motivation of returning to Rolls-Royce. Last summer was great. I learned a lot, made friends, and made lots of money! Also, when I return to Rolls-Royce I'll be at senior status which means a pay increase since last summer as a junior. So to be short: I can't wait!
Now for the weight gain diet. So I've always had a weight problem ever since I was a kid...And its the opposite of most of America and being overweight... It's being underweight! Thanks to Ben I've been introduced to a weight gain diet that I'm actually willing to follow through with. It's called the TNT Diet and I just started it last week. Basically what I have to do is get a high 3,000 calorie intake, less than 50 grams of carb intake, and at least 130 grams of protein intake per day. I have to eat lots of meat, and lots of vegetables. Along side to these guidelines I have a set work out routine I have to follow every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.. And of course on these days I have to take my creatine, and protein shakes. So far, I've been following the diet at least 90% and I'm glad to say I feel healthier and more motivated to gain weight than ever before. I just really hope to get the results I want (I want to gain at least 20 lbs to feel more comfortable about my physical condition). I'm sure Ben can elaborate more on the TNT Diet than I can. He's much further along in the diet than I am.
And since he decided to pester me about posting on here, I'm going to nominate him to be the next post. So HA! That's for pestering me about it!
8 comments:
WOW! What an incredibly packed blog! You HAVE been busy!
Keep up the good work at school. You're very blessed to have the talent to do what you're doing. Guess it comes kinda naturally -- it's your Dunn heritage!
Thanks for the post, Wally!
Thanks Wally!! All that pestering was worth it. It's so great to hear what you've been up to lately.
As for the picture, I think it was mentioned somewhere that embarrassing pictures were fair game in situations where the chosen blogger did not blog! hahaha (Take heed all of you yet-to-be chosen bloggers!!) And I'm glad your girlfriend enjoyed it! :-)
Anyway, I enjoyed your post and wish you the best with your job, school and your diet!
Wow Wall when you blog,you blog.I'm really glad you decided to join us.It was really good to hear about your new school adventures.I'm so glad you are studying hard and applying yourself to mold and shape your future.Meemaw is proud Papaw is proud and I'm sure your Mom and Dad,as well as your brothers are equally proud.Keep up the good work and don,t be a stranger to this blog because we all care!!!!!
I think you forgot to mention that I also now work where you work. It just so happens that all my work goes through you and I don't get paid. What would you do without me? Ha just kidding, mostly.
Yeah yeah, I know Ben.. What would I do without you to guide me through my young life in Information Technology..
GOODNESS SAKES ALIVE...I RETRACT MY
HO-HUM REMARK IN AN EARLIER BLOG.
HOW DO YOU FIND TIME TO HAVE A GIRL FRIEND? IT APPEARS YOU AND YOUR SIBLINGS HAVE YOUR HEADS ON STRAIGHT BY BUILDING FOR THE FUTURE. WAY TO GO JEFF AND BELINDA..YOU RAISED SOME INTELLIGENT YOUNG MEN AND YOU CAN BE VERY PROUD OF THEIR ACCOMPLISHMENTS THUS FAR....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
Thanks for all the comments and good lucks and keep it ups. I might just post again in another year or so.. When I'm not forced to, haha.
I'm jealous that you have to gain weight instead of lose it...
Post a Comment