Saturday, January 31, 2009

YAY!! New laptop!!!

I am making my very first post from my brand new laptop! Even though my other one was only two years old, it was dying a slow death. I don't know what the problem is with it, but there are multiple symptoms. (freezing, not booting up, not recognizing wireless, not recognizing my webcam) Who knows? Maybe it's VISTA!

Anyway, once I get this one all set up I will probably reformat the old one, load Windows XP and see what happens. Best case scenario is that I will have TWO laptops... (I'm SO spoiled!!)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

SANDY...I HOPE YOU DON'T CONSIDER ME A PEST, YOU'RE SIMPLY A LOT
SMARTER THAN ME ON THE COMPUTER
AND ITS VARIOUS FUNCTIONS. I WILL CALL YOU ON THE PHONE TO LEARN HOW
TO PUT VIDEO'S ON THE BLOG. I HAVE SOME REALLY FUNNY ONES THAT I WOULD
LIKE TO SHARE WITH THE FAMILY...
I'LL BE TALKIN TO YA....

Sandy said...

Unca J. A while back I posted an instructional video all about posting videos to the blog.

You can find it by using the search feature at the top of the blog. Key in the words 'posting video' and the search will find it.

If you still have questions after looking at the video, feel free to give me a call.

Papaw said...

Yay right back atcha gadget girl.After your old one failed to boot up the other day when we were over there I new in my heart that it wasn't long for this world.I could see it in your eyes.What kind did you buy?I,m sure it has all the whistles and bells that could possible to sqeeze into a lap top.Anyhoo I'm happy for you.You go girl.

Sandy said...

I bought a Toshiba Satellite. It is a smaller one with 13.3" diagonal widescreen display, AMD Turion 64X2 Dual Core Mobile Processor, 4GB 800MHz SDRAM and 250GB Hard Drive.

I was going to buy one of those cute little Netbooks since I mostly use my laptop for internet stuff, but Evan talked me out of that since I sometimes remote into my desktop at work to work from home and the small monitor might make that tough. Plus the netbooks don't have an optical drive so I couldn't watch DVDs if I bought one of those. It's nice to be able to do that when you're traveling (to Wisconsin for training) and stuck in a hotel room in the evening.

So, yeah, I think this one will work out fine. Plus it was on SALE!!! :-)

Papaw said...

Duh......What did you just say????? WhatsAMD Turion or Dual Core Mobile Processor or all that other stuff.Come on San your talking to ,among others your Dad and Unca Jerry.I think I'm sorry I asked.

Anonymous said...

Geez Geno, you know what she said..she was talking today's lingo. We would have said, it has dual exhausts to up the whammo-power to drive the ignertia plug
so the watchmadoodle can transvex
the transaxle to transfer transit
words to an open faced cardiomyfunctional outlet....in other words its pretty cool...

Papaw said...

Gee whiz J D you took the words out of my mouth,thats what I was gonna say after giving it some thought.Oh well a dollar short and a day late so whats new?

Linda said...

Papaw and Unca J -- you both crack me up!

Seriously, I laugh out loud when I read some of your comments! Keep 'em coming!