Sunday, January 25, 2009

WE love the wii!

What will they think of next? As an annual tradition, "Uncle" Dan and his family came over and celebrated Christmas with our family. As per usual, Uncle Dan brought a new technological gadget (seriously, I think he and Aunt Sandy could compete for King (or queen) of the gadget empire! This time, he brought the wii...something we'd all heard of, but never really experimented with. Anyway, it's probably no surprize that with my interest in health and wellness I am THRILLED with the wii gaming system! A "video game" that gets kids (and adults) on their feet, movin, blood pumpin, sweatin drippin! I have to admit, I was more winded after 5 minutes of wii boxing than I was after the 45 minutes of cardio I did at the gym beforehand! "wii" loved it! he he

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Thanks for the post, Lon! Last Christmas (2007) Evan brought his Wii over and we spent the afternoon playing. (Logan kicked everyone's butt!)

It was SO much fun bowling, boxing, etc.b that I've been thinking about getting one myself. (The treadmill is just plain BORING.) Anyway they aren't easy to find because they are so popular, but I'm going to keep my eyes open.

Amanda said...

This would be SO fun to have at the next family gathering! It was a riot to watch everyone...my arms actually ached after boxing! What a crazy work out.