One thing I am definitely going to miss once I graduate is the possibility of snow days. NKU is pretty strict on snow days (as is many schools as of late because of budget cuts and whatnot) but every once in awhile we get a nice day to sleep in and enjoy the snow, by staying away from it. :)Today I plan to catch up on TV shows, do laundry, catch up on some reading for my Geography class, pay some bills, and whatever else tickles my fancy. So to all of you guys who are stuck out in this messy mess, don't worry, I'm taking it easy for the rest of you. :) In all seriousness though, if you do go out today, be safe. I'm not sure about the rest of Greater Cincinnati but my particular slice of Newport KY looks scary.
So be careful, and throw a snowball or two at the neighbors cat for me. Happy snow day!
PS: I pick Wally to blog next. I don't think we've ever seen him on here.
8 comments:
You are certainly a lucky guy! The roads to Clifton were aweful this morning and I am really worried, with more ice and snow predicted for this afternoon, that the drive home will even be worse.
I AM glad you are taking the time to do some catch up. Wish you could do some for me!!
Lucky me! The HR department at Children's sent out a notice at 1:00 today that allowed all non-essential personnel to go home with pay in order to avoid having to drive home in the sleet and snow during rush hour.
I have never felt so happy to be non-essential!!! :-)
EVAN....WE OF THE RETIRED GROUP
EXPERIENCE SNOW DAYS 365 TIMES A YEAR, AND SPEAKING FOR MYSELF, I WILL NEVER TIRE OF IT. YOU CAN THINK OFF YOUR DAY OFF AS A "RETIREMENT" DAY AND WILL GIVE YOU SOMETHING YOU CAN LOOK FORWARD TO WHEN YOU GET OLDER. IT IS WHAT ITS CRACKED UP TO BE..."WONDERFUL"...UNCA JERRY
P.S. GENO WILL ATTEST TO THIS FACT.
Thanks Evan for the up date.According to the late news tonight it looks like you will have another snow day tomorrow (Wed).I really feel sorry for anyone who feels like they just have to go out in this mess.
Ive got a good idea why don't you all play hooky from work tomorrow ,and if anyone says anything to you tell them Papaw said it was allright.Seriously,all of you be careful out there and I'll keep my fingers crossed.
I'm playing hooky today, because my Dad told me to!!
Couldn't get out of the driveway this morning. Solid ice! So I am staying home in my temporary retirement and loving it!
From Logan:
Awesome!! I don't have school. I do not know when I will go back to school.
I LOVE SNOW!!!
I LOVE SLED RIDING TOO!!!
I was snowed in at Hamilton ALL week! Their roads still aren't great .. but it sure beats totalling my car in my driveway! Let's hope the snow storm they are calling for next Monday is just a sick joke!!!
Yeah, Britt. You SURE don't want to total that cute little bug!! :-)
Post a Comment