Monday, January 19, 2009

Empty Nesters...

This weekend the Powers family all pitched in to move Nikki into her very first apartment! She now lives off of Beechmont Avenue in Mt. Washington, splitting the distance between mom and dad's house and work. In fact, her new digs are less than 5 minutes from Lana's condo. It was a lot of work...she accumulated tons of stuff while working at Michael's.
So mom and Dad are officially empty nesters. Not to worry...mom already has Nikki's former bedroom all mapped out as a lodge inspired playroom for the grandkid(s)...

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Congratulations Nikki! I bet you are SO excited! I can't wait to see your new place. How about posting some pictures once you are all unpacked.

(I'm still waiting to see pictures of Lana's condo, too.)

Linda said...

Yep, Papaw, the two paintings you gave me are already hanging in the soon-to-be lodge inspired bedroom. They look terrific and will be just the right compliment to my log bed.

kevin said...

YAY! Congrats Nikki! The first apartment is always so exciting. Enjoy!

Papaw said...

Nikki,you have finally gotten your mom off your back,congratulations.Just kidding Im sure you will be greatly missed by your Mom and Dad.You are starting a new chapter in you're life so grab it, shake it,and get all you can out of it,remembering that your family will always have your back........Meems and I love you very much!!!!!