Wednesday, December 10, 2008
One more time
Okay guys you made me look pretty bad on the last one ,so I'm gonna get a little tougher this time.The subject will be baseball.....So Sandy ..Todd..Bob ..Linda and JD lets see how good you do with this little quiz...........What year was the first night game played at Crosley Field?...........What year did the Reds move into Riverfront Stadium?...........What year did Waite Hoyt do his last play by play for the Reds?...........What Reds player won MVP in both Leagues?..........Who pitchedthe first perfect no_hitter for the Reds and in what year?............What reds catcher committed suicide because he thought his lack of hitting was hurting the ball club?...........OKAY guys breakout your blackberry,blueberries strawberries or what the heck you call them things,but dont answer until 9:00 pm so that you will all have the same chance.
7 comments:
Just to let everybody know, I've already got all the answers so don't even bother trying!
No fair....I just got home to see it.... :-)
I'm sitting this one out. Todd, it's up to you to represent the Sharfes!
I'LL STAY OUT TOO....UNCA JERRY
1st night game at Crosley: May 24, 1935
Riverfront opened on June 30, 1970
Waite Hoyt last broadcast in 1965
Frank Robinson was an MVP in both leagues
Tom Browning "Mr Perfect" pitched a no-hitter September 16, 1988 (Bob was at that game -- sort of -- ask him about it)
Willard Hershberger committed suicide August 3, 1940
Did I get them all?
Damn what do I have to do to win one from you guys?Okay just one more and if you get it I'll retire from the game gig......Name the starting lineup for the Reds from the late 30's to the early 40's.I'll spot you their first and last initals......3rd BW ss RMC 2nd LF 1st FMC ...Lf WP cf HC and RF GB AND Catcher EL......Chew on that for awhile!!!
Post a Comment