Saturday, December 13, 2008

More Christmas Memories

What parent doesn't cherish the looks on their kids faces ,as they rush to the living room to see what Santa has brought? Or the all nighter that I had to pull to make sure that the two bicycles that I had to assembled were ready by sun up Like Sandy said the trip to Nana's and Dads house was also the high light to the Christmas Season .I'm sure a lot of the memories are fading for Memaw and me but the memory of the love and affection shown beween the members of our family at our holiday gatherings is etched so deeply that I will never forget.Brothers,Sisters,Aunts Uncles,Nieces and Nephews all sharing in the celebration of the Reason for the Season .God Bless all of you ,Memaw and I Love you all very much,And thank you for all unforgetable memories.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

I remember those bikes!! They were so cool! Blue with white side walls!! ...and brand new!!

Previous to that I was riding a hand me down bike that Dad has painted to match Papaw's old Cadillac... titty pink!!! Yowsers!!

One year, Linda and I also got new baby dolls with cradles that dad built by hand. No plastic snap together stuff back then. They were awesome!

Another year, I really had my heart set on a Barbie doll. The blonde one with the pony tail and the zebra striped bathing suit. Dad wasn't the craftsman that year... it was Mom. She meticulously sewed some very fashionably attire for my new doll including the tiniest ever bra (which I'll admit, I found on top of the refrigerator before Christmas day). I was SO happy!