As I'm sure a lot of you know, I was in graduate school to get my Master's degree in counseling. Since May, I have graduated from school and jumped through all of the hoops (and, believe me, there were MANY) to become licensed as a professional counselor. I started a brand new job this past Monday and you are all now looking at a behavioral health counselor/ therapist (BHC) at The Children's Home of Cincinnati (CHOC), which is located off of Madison Road. I will be traveling around the greater Cincinnati area to counsel children/adolescents on location at their schools. Coincidentally, I will be seeing a lot of clients from Withrow University H.S. where Lana works! How crazy is that?! It's a scary, yet exciting time for me, so it helps that I will be experiencing something familiar in a new and largely unfamiliar world. (I already know the school as well as some of Withrow's teachers and administrators.)
I'll have a heavier case load than I'm used to, but everyone at CHOC has been very friendly, encouraging, and helpful so far! Plus, I've heard nothing but positive things about the agency as a whole. Everyone's telling me that I'll be fine once I get used to all of the procedures.
Anyway, I hope everyone is enjoying the Christmas season, even though it can be a hectic time of year! I thought I'd leave you with a picture of me and my dad at Redsfest 2008. We had SO much fun this past weekend! I look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday at Manda's house!
Nikki }i{
5 comments:
It's about time! What a cute pic of you and dad!
I'm happy to see your hard work paying off Nik...Congradulations, now maybe you can teach Isaiah how to behave! lol
Congratulations Nikki!!Way to go .
Love your hair.
Aunt Kim
Congrats Nikki ,Being proud of you is an understatement.Love you heaps Meemaw and Paps.
Outstanding accomplishment Nikki! And congratulations on your new job!
(Also, thanks for letting your mom go shopping with me last Friday, rather than attending Redsfest with you and your dad.)
Post a Comment