Saturday, November 15, 2008

Dunn Christmas 2008...

Get ready to party!
Aunt Sandy, Nikki, mom and I got together today to discuss the Dunn Family Christmas 2008. Warm up your vocal chords...because we've got karoake. Practice your drawing skills...because we're playing Pictionary! Although I'll be mailing out an invite with all the official info, here's a sneak peek at what's in store!

Date: Saturday, December 20th
Time: 1pm-whenever
Place: Matt & Amanda's house

Food: TAPAS!!!! (Isn't it more fun to just munch all day?)
A meat and cheese tray to make sandwiches will be provided, so we need you to bring a favorite appetizer as well as a bite-sized dessert. A few suggestions are: veggie tray, fruit tray, meatballs, petite quiche, mac 'n cheese, pasta salad, spinach & artichoke dip, skyline dip, wings, potato skins, chips, brownie bites, cupcakes, cookies, etc. We'll also need volunteers to bring ice and condiments (mayo & mustard). Please share with us on the blog what you would like to bring. That way we can avoid duplicates and get our taste buds ready!

Gifts:
Kid Stocking Stuffers - If you buy for one, buy for all 7! This includes Tyler, Bethany, Kyle, Zae, Logan, Maddox and Baby Curtsinger. $5 limit.
Kid Exchange - Names have been drawn for the kids above (minus Baby Curtsinger). $25 limit.
Adult Stocking Stuffers - this year we're trying something new! If the spirit moves you, and you'd like to buy a gift for a specific person, go for it! You DO NOT have to buy for everyone. GAG GIFTS ARE ENCOURAGED! No $ limit.
Adult Swap - Includes anyone who has graduated from highschool. Let's get creative this year...nobody needs a tool kit, electric razor, crock pot or griddle! $25 limit.


Stay tuned for further developments...

10 comments:

caveman said...

All I can say is GOD BLESS THE HOODS......Although we have enjoyed hosting the party for the past few years it will be so cool to be able to just show up!!!!
Let's party in the Hood..

Matt I got the Henesy covered.

Caveman

Todd said...

GOOD...I plan on finishing the bottle like I did last year!

Sandy said...

It's going to be a great party! Count me in for my famous pasta salad and a yet-to-be-decided dessert! Can't wait!!!

Amanda said...

Aunt Sandy...please put me down for the petite quiches and puppy chow!

Papaw said...

You can count count on Meemaw and me for the Skyline dip ,and something to dip with.By the way I see no mention of drinks ,does everyone bring their own as in the past?I'm not talking about the hard stuff as it seems Caveman (Brad) will have that under control.

LanaP0wers said...

um, yeah...I'm not really one for baking, cooking, or trying new recipes - so I'll bring the tub-o-cheeze balls. He he he - just kiddin. I'll bring some bite-sized desserts and any other requests I might get :-) If you need help settin up, let me know.

Sandy said...

Yep, Papaw. Everyone will need to bring drinks for their crew. Amanda will be sending out invitations with more specific info on them, but I will update the sidebar so everyone knows.

Lon, we've got you down for bite-sized desserts.

Amanda said...

Also put me down for cream puffs! I just thought about them...they're one of my favorites!

Papaw said...

Lana....whatever you do dont forget the mollasses cookies.You will be my HERO forever.

LanaP0wers said...

I gotcha covered, Papaw!