Anybody out there got a good recipe for sorghum cookies? I bought some sorghum at the wool festival this weekend.J.D. maybe george or debbie has one to share.Check with them on E mail.If we're lucky they nmay have Aunt Janes .I looovved those things.
3 comments:
Pap-saw,
I found this recipe online. If you want, save some of the Sorghum and I'll make something for you! I'm pretty good at coookies (or so I've been told ;-)
Old Fashioned Sorghum Cookies
Ingredients Directions
1/2 cup Sorghum
1/4 teaspoon Salt
3 cups sifted Flour
1/2 cup Shortening
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Egg(s)
1/2 cup Sugar
1 teaspoon Ginger
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1/3 cup Buttermilk, or sour milk
1 teaspoon Cloves
Cream sugar and shortening. Add egg and sorghum; beat well. Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with thirds of the sour milk. Beat until smooth after each addition. Chill dough before rolling. On well floured surface, roll dough in 1/4 inch sheet and cut with a 4 inch cutter. Place on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes.
There are MORE recipes at:
http://www.sorghumrecipes.com/
GENO...LANA'S RECIPE SOUNDS GOOD TO ME AND I HAVE ALSO E-MAILED COUSIN DEBBIETO SEE IF SEE KNOWS AUNT JANE'S RECIPE
THIS ALWAYS PUZZLES ME..LANA'S RECIPE CALLS FOR 3 CUPS OF SIFTED FLOUR...MY QUESTION IS..DO YOU SIFT 3 CUPS OF FLOUR AND USE IT OR
SIFT SOME FLOUR AND TAKE 3 CUPS OF IT...SEE WHAT I MEAN? UNCA JERRY
Lon , you've got a deal!your reputation as a master pastry chef has preceeded you.by all means my molassas is at your command.(reading your recipe is all ready making my taste-buds jump for joy)I'll see you get the molassas ASAP'
Post a Comment