Friday, October 17, 2008

New addition to the Dunn family





In April 2009 there will be a new addition to the Dunn family. Scottie and I are happy to announce that we are expecting our first little one. I am 13 weeks today and we are both very excited. We went to the doctor for the first time at 9 1/2 weeks and we got to hear the heart beat. The doctor was surprised at how loud and strong it was since it was still early - so the baby seems to be doing well so far. I go to the doctor again next Wednesday and I am taking my mom with me so she can hear the heart beat (she is so excited to join the Grandma club!). We can't wait to find out what we are having. Scottie is hoping for a boy but we will be happy with either sex. When we heard the heart beat the rate was 164 so if you believe the old wives tale we may be having a girl. When we find out we will be taking suggestions for names. I will keep everyone posted as we go.












Place your votes now... Boy or Girl ??????








10 comments:

Amanda said...

OMIGOSH! I'm SO excited for you! Maddox has changed our life in such a way, I can't even put it in words! Maybe it's time for Meemaw and Papaw to have their first girl great-grandbaby! How are you feeling? Any morning sickness?

Linda said...

I am SO EXCITED for you and Scottie. What an amazing journey you've just begun! A little girl would be awesome but our little Maddox has been such a joy, I'm kinda hoping it'll be a boy!

Kristi said...

I'm feeling pretty good. I have had morning sickness (which seems to be getting worse over the past couple of weeks) but I'm hoping it will end soon. But overall I can't complain. I kind of want a girl but Scott really wants a boy (since he is the last male Curtsinger) but we really don't care as long as its healthy.

Sandy said...

SO EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to both of you. I know Grandma Bev has been waiting and LONG time for you to take a break from school and give her a grandbaby! I bet she is crazy with excitement!!

Boy or girl? Hmmm... If you have a boy, I'm sure there will be lots of Maddox hand-me-downs so that would be a plus, but I am voting for a girl. It's been a long time since there was a girl baby in the family! And I'm looking forward to buying some outfits with ribbons and ruffles! :-)

Papaw said...

Kristi.......what can I say? I agree with Amanda....OHMIGOSH . One more grand baby ,how lucky can Meemaw and I get?A little girl would be nice but we'll certainly take a little guy.Maybe you will get lucky and have on as cute and lovable as Maddox.But don't fret he/she will be greeted with open arms from our loving family.

Brittany said...

Ahh! That's so exciting, Kristi! Christmas gatherings are going to be so much more fun now that we'll be having even MORE little ones running around - just like the old days!! Congratulations!! I can't wait to meet him/her!!

Brittany said...

OH! And be sure to post pictures of your baby bump as you get further into your pregnancy .. so cute!

Todd said...

CONGRATS GUYS!!! We will pray for good health!

Papaw said...

On second thought Kris i'm opting (sorry Scottie)for a little baby girl. It would make Meemaw so happy.We'll cover Scotties wish the next time around.

caveman said...

Congrats Kristi and Scotty!!! You will be great parents!
Kim