Saturday, August 16, 2008

More about Maddox...


Last Monday Maddox had his 4 month check up and everything went quite well! He's now 14lbs 6oz (50th percentile for weight) and 26 inches (90th percentile for heighth). Looks like he's shaping up to be tall and slender like his daddy.
His surgery is scheduled for October 22 at Children's Hospital, so please keep him in your prayers. For those of you who don't know, Maddox was born with hypospadius...a condition that unfortunately has to do with his little penis! The doctors say it's more common than you'd think and can be easily corrected with surgery. Nevertheless, I'm probably gonna be a basketcase during the surgery because he has to be put under anesthesia and have everything! And I don't care what they say - surgery on that particular part of his body does NOT sound like a walk in the park!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Will he be staying overnight? If so I want to make sure I come visit if at all possible. Yes, you will be a basket case, but your family will be there to support you and Matt!

Anonymous said...

im hoping for the best! im sure hes a tough guy......i mean he has the dunn genes

Amanda said...

I'm told that it's an out patient procedure. The sugery is scheduled for 9am, but we have to be ther by 7am. They say it'll take 2-3 hours...so Matt and I will be there from around 7am-noon!