Saturday, August 2, 2008

Lon, Nik, and Britt take a road trip!


Did you guys hear about our road trip? In April, me, Nik, and Britt rented a Mazda 6 and drove 1,298 miles (round trip) to Wilmington, North Carolina. To go to the beach? Nope. To see the plethora of tourist attractions? Nope. To see and meet the cast of the CW's One Tree Hill? um-ABSOLUTELY!


Laugh all ya want, but we had a blast! We drove about 8 hours to Raleigh and stayed in a hotel then woke up at the crack of dawn to drive the final two hours to Cape Fear Community College. Here, we watched the 5th Annual James Lafferty Charity Basketball Game. I don't really remember who won because we were so star-struck (but if you asked Nikki, she could tell you...her mind is a steel trap!)

After the game, we waited 6 hours to meet the cast members and get autographs (totally worth it!). One of the cast members even said, "You know - I've always thought the most beautiful girls in the world live in Cincinnati" I know what you're thinking...he probably said that to hundreds of girls there. But we're pretty sure he didn't - and you can't tell us otherwise ;-)

After meeting the cast, we visited all the local spots that are used during the filming of the show. Nikki printed out all of the addresses before we left Cincy but accidentally left them at home. Somehow, I got talked into harrassing a group of girls who had the same printout at the game (Nikki and Britt made me! :-)

The drive home on Sunday was long and anticlimatic...but it gave us time to start planning our trip for next year! :-)

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Even though I have no clue who it is you went to see, I bet it was a blast!! Takes me back to the days when I took spontaneous road trips with my friends (and didn't share that info with Meemaw and Papaw.) hehehe