Monday, August 11, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!

Yes, that was a Bowie reference .. I'm not too young! :)

As I'm sure many of you already know -- I'm FINALLY starting school at Miami University!! I have 14 days to go before I'm cramping my brain with theories and numbers and writing essays until my hands bleed .. it's exhausting to think about but I'm so excited!

I had an epiphany while on vacation with my mom in Disney World (yes, adults can have more fun than kids there!) and decided that I wanted to be a teacher. Ever since that day, I've been working hard getting everything I needed together for this new adventure. And I DID IT!! Luckily, I've been awarded a teaching grant from the state so my tuition has been completely paid for. All the doors I once thought were closed to me are opening wide. I'm studying to be a middle school Science teacher and hope to one day move back to Heritage Lake and teach at North Putnam Middle School.

Also coming up (a day before I start school!) .. my birthday! I'm hitting the big 2-2. Crazy, I know! BUT, I want to invite everyone to celebrate the big day by seeing ....

PAULY SHORE!

I know .. very anti climatic. It's not Neil Patrick Harris or Robin Williams but he's made some GREAT (and I use that word loosely) 90's flicks. Most of which, I saw in theaters by myself .. literally, but he's still one of my favorites! He has a comedy show on Sunday, August 24 at the Funny Bone and my boyfriend is adamant that I will somehow get on stage with Pauly. It should be a good time! Please come join me and celebrate my birth!

In closing, I'm so happy Sandy had the wonderful idea of creating a blog! It's such a nice way to keep in touch! Keep the love going!

5 comments:

Sandy said...

Encino Man is awesome! Gotta love the wea-sel!!

Everybody sing...
"Open the door, get on the floor
Everybody walk the dinosaur..."

Evan Scott Sharfe said...

Mom... "Walk the Dinosaur" wasn't in Encino Man.. that was the Mario Bros movie.

I think you're getting it confused with "Feed the Monkey" by Suicidal Tendencies in the prom scene where they all do a synchronized dance and even Data from The Goonies joins in.

Once again proving my brain has way too much useless knowledge in it and I'm a bigger nerd than all of you, this is Evan signing off.

Sandy said...

My bad! You are right, I was thinking of the dance scene at the end.

Can't believe I even remember the song, since I only saw Mario Bros once or twice.

Anyway... love the movie, love the wea-sel and I just have one thing to say to you, Evan...

SHUUUUSH!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I would totally come out to see Paulie shore for your b-day but Walter's birthday is the same day at we are taking him out to the bars for his 21st at midnight on that Saturday so I'm pretty sure ill be in no shape to drive to Ohio. Take lots of pictures so i can see how it went. peace

kenny

Linda said...

We'd love to come for the family fun but Bob & I will be in Colorado on vacation.